25 Tips for Social Network Startups
When you begin your niche social network there are several steps and tasks you will need to consider. Often times launching your site is only the first step.The additional steps come with making money on your website, inviting members and keeping your site alive, interesting and growing.
Below are 25 additional elements involved in starting a niche social network. It might not apply to all models but more than likely a few element will apply to your equation.
1. Writing Plans & Outlines for Social Network Modification
2. Hiring, Contacting & Managing Programmers
3. Browsing Forums, Meeting, & Communicating with Other Successful Webmasters
4. Finding Ways to Monetize your site
5. Writing and Creating a Media Kits
6. Writing & Creating Website Copy
7. Getting Feedback & Fine Tuning your Social Network Model
9. Testing Modifications For Bugs
10. Outsourcing Jobs & Putting Your Skills to the best task at hand
11. Inviting Members
12. Communicating with Members
13. Building and Maintaining Fresh Content on your site
14. Find and working with Key member on your site to help grow even more
15. Identifying potential trouble makers and spammers from abusing your site
16. Building consistency & routine around the site
17. Establishing good communication with your members
18. Getting People to Help you (Recruiting Members as staff and Admin)
19. Trading Banners & Link with other site
20. Posting comments and review on outside networks to drive traffic to your site.
21. Keeping up with Security Updates (May require site upgrades)
22. Installing Google Analytics or other Stat Tracking Software
23. Installing Banner Management Software
24. Installing a communications system to handle all incoming inquiry. Ex: MachForm.com
25. Setting up your server with emails, back-ups, permissions, and file protection to prevent abuse.